11 August 2014

second Babette blanket ready

My second Babette blanket is ready and I am very pleased with it.
It is crochet of wool yarn , Senjagarn made by Gjesdal AS, Norway. I have used hook 3.5mm.
A extra section is added to make the blanket rectangle, the original pattern is a square.
I started long ago and then I moved to an other house.
 Now I am on holiday in Norway and took everything with me to finish it.
The size is 176x128 cm. but I know it will stretch while using it, at least 10cm on each side. The first Babette I made did that too. It is not pressed, I don't like that. It looks so flat and dead after pressing.

I have much yarn left and start today with a ripple blanket :-)

12 comments:

Johanna Faber said...

Veel plezier bij je dochter Ati, en wat een schitterende deken is dit geworden
Liefs uit Zweden

Annet said...

Hij is prachtig geworden, daar zul je vast met veel plezier onder kruipen als het wat kouder is.

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Så fine farger!! og fint teppe!! Anne K:-)

Wendy said...

Ati, your blanket is stunning! I am in love with the colors you have chosen for this one...I have the pattern and really need to make it up...yours has inspired me so much..just lovely.

Dianne said...

Beautiful. Lovely colour choices.

margaret said...

this is a beauty and lovely colour choice too

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's a gorgeous blanket - wonderful colours!

Hannie de Beer said...

Wat is de deken mooi geworden. zo fraai van kleur!

Marina said...

Que manta tan bonita los colores son preciosos espero pases unas buenas vacaciones en tu Noruega recibe un fuerte abrazo Marina

Anonymous said...

Dear Ati!
What a fine blanket!
Wish you cosy hours when sitting there.
I love the colours you used.
Stay well.
Eva from Austria

crazyQstitcher said...

Your rug is really beautiful Ati.

My favourite colours too, which remind me of violets.

Delana Haldy said...

So beautiful! I love your color choices. This makes me want to crochet another Babette for myself.